Monday, 13 August 2012
I haven't perfected my technique yet, the edges are too square and messey but it's quite warm and much nicer than a rubber hot water bottle on my back.
I started with a foundation chain of 35 stitches.
1st row sc
2-end of front (a panel big enough to fit end to end minus the neck of the hot water bottle) alternating sc and trebles to make the textured stitch.
I then made two more panels for the back half the size of the front each.
I crocheted button holes on one by missing crochet through two stitches and just making two chains the same way I make basket handles basically.
I think I will have to decrease to shape the tops. I'll keep you posted and when I get it right I will post the pattern.
Meanwhile in an effort to use up more yarn....
Work has been busy as ever, Winter is usually a quieter time for us but this year it just doesn't quit.
Mt Tongariro erupted last week. That meant writing an emergency plan in case it happens again. Apparently it's not a matter of if but when.
We seem to be having more than our fair share of natural disasters lately.