Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mad as March Hares!

As the saying goes.  I can't believe it's March already and summer is on it's way out.  Mind you our summer this year has been dismal.  Rain, wind and rain, storms and the odd sunny day have been the hallmarks of this summer.  The only difference between summer and winter was the temperature.  Blue skies may have been few and far between, but the humidity and heat have been a constant.

I have two bags sitting here begging to be lined, but I won't be able to do it until my days off on Sunday!  Work is my focus meanwhile and it's crazy.  The heat and the occasional fine weekend seem to bring out the worst in some people.  I'm 3 days in with 3 left until my days off.  Late shifts consist of a 10.5 hour shift for me, so I am literally getting up, getting ready, going to work, coming home, going to bed, lather, rinse and repeat.  I get perhaps two hours to sit, one at the start of the day and one at the end before bed.

Still I am trying to be productive.  I am learning this stitch.  It consists of a single crochet and a treble into the same stitch.


It results in this rather pretty texture and a nice flat row.  I think it would make a nice warm blanket that reminds me a little of a knitted moss stitch.  It's very simple to do and would make good squares or a whole panel in a blanket between squares.

I've crocheted some roses to hide the handle bottoms on the granny stripe bag and putting some thought to some beading or trim along the top when I line it.

The roses are simple rolled scallops, sewn up to create the rose I found the pattern by googling crocheted roses.  There are a ton of variations.

Meanwhile I must get ready for work so enjoy....





No comments:

Post a Comment