Wednesday 4 April 2012

Preparing for Easter

I've never been much of an Easter person.  As a child at Sunday school I learned all about the various religious festivals on the Anglican calendar, Easter being a major one of course.  Really though, truth be told, it's all about the chocolate and hot cross buns these days.

I have lots of Christmas decorations but nothing for other holidays.  So when I cam across this nice easy crochet Easter Egg pattern by Kate at Greedy for Colour I just had to have a go.

I have some very cheap acrylic that I picked up at a dollar store on a whim.  It's quite stiff and not very nice to crochet, it actually feels a bit like industrial carpet, stiff and scratchy.  But for a small project that needs some solidity, it's pretty awesome.

The past two hours have thus been spent making eggs.  I'd like to make a few more, but I have things to do outside the house, like buy Easter Eggs for the children and purchase hot cross buns for tomorrows breakfast.  So I have reluctantly put it down for now at a grand total of 4.

I'm going to be a busy girl tonight!

I'm also planning to make 3 egg cozies.  One for each of the children.  Wait...did I say 3? It's because by Sunday when the Easter Bunny makes his appearance, I shall have another teenager in the house.  Niece Paige is coming to visit for the school holidays.

So it's off to the shops now to get some real chocolate eggs.  I intend to try and get some in egg cups so the budding adults have a permanent reminder of Easter past.  I generally get the kids a mug or something to keep when all the chocolate is gone.  We have Barbie egg cups, Clowns and Thomas the tank engine in our collection.  Most prized by me is an egg cup made just for me by my Standard 3 teacher, Mr Chambers.  It has my name on it and I have cherished and used it, since it was presented to me on the last day of the 1977 school term.
Meanwhile my stack of alternative granny squares continues to grow.  There's over 40 in those two piles.

I shall have to put some thought into joining them soon...

1 comment:

  1. Mine have been a bit neglected lately with other projects getting attention...I do love pictures like that, all those yummy scrummy edges. (I know I'm a bit odd.)

    ReplyDelete